Gina Lugosi | Director
Gina Lugosi is a Decorative Arts Specialist and second generation Auctioneer to be involved in the antiques trade, with over 30 years of experience in European, Asian and Australian antiques, Art and Collectables in both Australia and the United Kingdom.
Gina is also the only female auction-house owner in Sydney.
Having developed a passion for antiques at an early age in the United Kingdom, Gina enjoyed a rewarding career as Head of Decorative Arts for a major Sydney auction house and as joint owner of two successful Sydney auction houses before independently establishing and headlining Lugosi Auctioneer & Valuers in 2009.
Over the past decade, Gina expanded her vast experience in many specialty areas and has curated highly-prized auctions that have included Australian fine art [paintings and prints], estate jewellery, Chinese jade, ceramics, bronzes, sculptures, Japanese porcelain and metalware, Australian and European porcelain, antique clocks, silver, English and European antiques of all eras, netsuke, stamps, coins, medals, tin toys and military, police and fire brigade collectables.
Lugosi Auctioneers & Valuers’ auction house is based in Artarmon on Sydney’s leafy Northern Suburbs.
An in-demand and fully-accredited auctioneer, Gina’s most noted private collection, house-content and estate auctions include:
- The Estate of the late, Del Throsby, fifth-generation descendant of noted Australian colonial gentry at Throsby Park, Moss Vale.
- The Estate of the late, Roy Fluke, noted Australian artist and resident Art Gallery of NSW exhibitor.
- The Estate of the late, Charles Hulley, O.A, noted author and philanthropist at Whale Beach, Sydney.
- The Estates of the late, Major-General and Privy Counsellor to the High Court, Sir Victor Windeyer, B.E, C.B, D.S.O & Bar, E.D, Q.C & Lady Windeyer at Warrawee, Sydney.
- Furniture and collectibles of former NSW Senator [ALP], the Hon Douglas McClelland A.C and Mrs McClelland at Kogarah Bay, Sydney.
- The private Stamp Collection of the late, Mr.Uldis Jostiņš.
- The Estate of the late, Dr W.Bryan at Longueville, Sydney.
Additionally, Gina was appointed auctioneer for the Manly Antique Centre closure and has headlined other prominent and highly-successful estate, private collection and house-content auctions in Sydney, Adelaide and NSW’s Southern Highlands.
Of the many favourite items she has auctioned includes opera-singer, Dame Joan Sutherland’s gown from the opera, Die Fledermaus [1972 New York] and signed photographs of King George V and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. Chinese Huanghuali altar table sold for $24,000, Japanese Meiji gilded screen, Chinese Kangxi Famille Verte porcelain table screen, collection of early tin clockwork toys, Qianlong gilt bronze Buddha sold for $36,000, Comitti London Grasshopper clock, rare Mashman pottery Koala and Possum Jardiniere sold for over $20,000, Chinese Qing Dynasty coral carving of a lady sold for $8,380 and many more items.